…in my bag so I can take him home! Hello, Mr. Dimples – you are just a handsome little thing, aren’t you? Not only was he just the cutest, but was so absolutely happy and smiley! I loved it, he had me giggling the entire session! How cute cute cute is he?

• Jennifer Jacob's pictures are fabulous!! You did great job! Thank you!(04.28.2010 10:43pm)
  • Tamara Rivera So cute! But what else would you expect with such good-looking parents! Love you Jakey!(04.29.2010 10:14am)
  • Vivianne Ona He's absolutely adorable! Wow, I can't believe he's turning one already! Well, happy birthday Jacob! Thanks for sharing his photos...keep them coming! I think he likes having his pictures taken. All smiles, showing off his dimple what a cutie!(05.07.2010 10:05am)

Juuust stop it! Stop being so darn cute! One is plenty, but two babies with such adorable features. Geez! It’s true that photographing twins is twice the work, but it’s also twice the fun! Especially when you have a loving auntie to help out…These sweeties had the most amazing auntie – she was the best entertainer and smile-maker!  They are definitely lucky babies :) And, although they’re BOTH just adorable as can be – their personalities couldn’t be any more different – which I loved! But I must say, they also BOTH had the most amazing eyes (with different special qualities). Max has big, bold, beautiful eyes that were a lovely mix of hazels and blues – such a great reflection of his outgoing personality. Mia has pretty, soulful brown eyes and long lashes — there was definitely something in her gaze that caught me…so sweet, gentle and delicate….see for yourself!

• Kristen & Audrey Adorable! Can't wait for my session!(04.26.2010 09:49am)
  • Cindy Helen Brea Please post more pics. I can't get enough!(04.26.2010 10:28am)
  • Lynn Sommer Wow, these are AMAZING!(04.26.2010 10:36am)
  • Omar It is killing me how adorable they are.(04.26.2010 10:41am)
  • Patrick Kennedy Wow. What great pics!!!(04.26.2010 10:45am)
  • Paul Hayama Super cute! Julie worked her magic again.(04.26.2010 10:46am)
  • Magali Rodriguez Precious babies, beautiful mother (and auntie), great photography; what else can we ask for!!(04.26.2010 11:02am)
  • Danny Sure I'm biased, but these may be the cutest kids ever.(04.26.2010 11:09am)
  • Mikhal I love baby pictures. These are great. I love that they are a mini-mommy and a mini-daddy. Too cute.(04.26.2010 11:26am)
  • lina lince And I thought Tyler know how to take pictures... clearly there is still much he has to learn. They are amazing I should take some of Sofia before it's too late.(04.26.2010 11:38am)
  • Pilar ADORABLES DULSURAS!(04.26.2010 11:44am)
  • Jennifer O. So cute! I really love the feet shots!(04.26.2010 11:50am)
  • Sharon (Patrick's mom) Kennedy What beautiful pictures. It was like they were right in the room with me when I looked at them.(04.26.2010 12:01pm)
  • Tamara Seriously...these are amazing! I cannot wait to see more!!!!! Love these babies!!!!(04.26.2010 12:16pm)
  • Gina I am the fabulous auntie Julie speaks of but lets be honest there is nothing more fabulous then pictures of these two bubs! So amazing, Julie you rocked it!(04.26.2010 12:29pm)
  • Jason It looks like one of these twins is three months older than the other :)(04.26.2010 12:35pm)
  • Mandell woooow! beautiful pics of two beautiful babies! (sure wish i could meet this wonderful auntie of theirs, maybe she can put a smile on my face as well!!!)(04.26.2010 12:44pm)
  • Mary Jo I love the one w the feet! They all came out great. I am a proud mina...(04.26.2010 02:03pm)
  • Adam They grow up so fast!!!! Dena and I think they are absolutely beautiful. Good job you two!(04.26.2010 03:17pm)
  • Michaella Beautiful babies, great job capturing them. Any more?(04.26.2010 03:37pm)
  • Sharmila They are gorgeous!! Perfect subjects for these lovely shots.(04.26.2010 09:34pm)
  • Ivelisse Julie - you did such a wonderful job! Thank you soooo much.(04.27.2010 07:25am)
  • Grandma and Grandpa Well, we may be prejudiced, but are these babies cute or what? It's a joy to look at them. Hugs and kisses, Grandma and Grandpa(04.27.2010 08:03am)
  • susan These two cuties look so ready to get up and go..go...go!(04.27.2010 09:16am)
  • So-Young Kang Wow!! what beautiful models!!! and what great photos. can't wait to see them in a few weeks!! miss them!!!(04.28.2010 01:55am)
  • Marsha Lucas Babies are a dime a dozen, but certainly not ones as cute as these two darlings.(04.29.2010 03:35pm)

This session was just so sweet. Not only was Tyler super duper cute that morning, but the energy between him and his momma was sooo beautiful. The way mommy snuggled with her little man made my heart melt….I definitely felt warm and fuzzy inside while clicking away behind my camera. She’s got this gentle energy about her…the way she holds her baby, the way she talks to him so lovingly and gently…the glowing adoration in her eyes when she looks at him…It’s really the most beautiful thing. One of my favorite things to do during a photo session is to just sit back and watch mom & baby interact – mommies are naturally loving and nurturing, so it’s a wonderful thing to just let the magic happen on its own. Perhaps part of why I love doing this is because I can totally relate to the feeling – when I snuggle with my boy, it’s like the world is put on hold and I’m completely living in that moment :)  So when I’m photographing other mommies, it’s like I can feel what they’re feeling, and it totally makes me choke up. Now, all I need to do is find a photographer to photograph us instead of me being behind the camera – teehee. As you can see, I love my job. Really. Getting to witness, capture and be surrounded by LOVE every day. It’s amazing!

Warm & fuzzy, indeed.

• Trish Julie - Your photos are as beautiful as your spirit. You do a great job capturing the love mommies feel for their little ones. Your photos are truly special.(04.25.2010 09:36am)
  • Sohee Julie, we had a great time. Thank you for capturing our family in such a beautiful way. Your style is truly unique and we can't wait to see the full session!(04.25.2010 12:54pm)

I receive quite a few questions about what to wear for sessions – and rightly so, as clothing has a huge impact on how fabulous photos turn out. Compare plain white shirts and khakis to a family dressed in bold colors and texture – I think color wins! Check this family out – I really loved the clothing they chose. From knits to color and patterns – it was perfect! They also had their own beanies and hats that coordinated perfectly with their baby’s outfits! Kudos to them! Also, it’s not always a good idea to be too matchy matchy. Just because baby is wearing a blue shirt, doesn’t mean mom, dad & brother have to wear blue shirts, too. Here are some examples of great ways to “go together” as opposed to “matching”. See how the jewel tones just go together so effortlessly – it’s also more interesting visually to see various colors and textures. Layering is also a great thing! And for me personally – I really like darker colors the best.

A great place to shop for these types of clothing include Old Navy, Gap & Boden USA. You should also check out Children’s Wonderland in Brentwood for some awesome clothing selections in case you don’t have time to shop online before our session – you’ll also see some of my works hanging up in their store! Happy shopping :)

When I’m photographing a family as energetic, fun, beautiful and full of love as this, all I need is an hour – just an hour! Not only did we knock it out super fast, the kids were just so charming, cooperative, willing and excited about being photographed :) I had an amazing time hanging out with this great bunch – observing the loving connections they had with each other…what was especially sweet was how big sister looked after and adored her little brother – it was so, so sweet. Here are  few faves of the day. The first photo is my favorite, hands down!

I had an absolutely amazing time with this sweet family! It just goes to  show that, yes – babies are super fun to photograph – but so are children! Especially when they’re as gentle hearted and loving as these two were :)

P.S. May is fully booked, June is full (I may take one more). And I’m currently reserving July photo session dates.
Then, holiday season (busy season for me) starts in August {gasp}! Crazy, crazy how time flies!

• Mike B Terrific pictures, Thao. Loved the black and whites, too........don't see that too often.(04.20.2010 07:33am)
  • Jennifer Foster oh I love the one of the mom and dad with the noses! so cute!(04.20.2010 07:35am)
  • Daylene Great pictures!(04.20.2010 07:42am)
  • Kevin OMG, they are so cute :), love them. Especially when the 2 kids are hugging, so awesome.(04.20.2010 08:25am)
  • Kathryn Hien Do Very nice, Thao. The kids r soooo cute. Love the pictures of u and anh Dung doing the lovey dovey noses pose. ;) Very natural photos. Love it.(04.20.2010 10:36am)
  • Patrick Le These are beautiful pictures Thao. One picture I see it is really interesting..... A gray hair man is nosing a young wife... I know you love this picture right?(04.20.2010 11:31am)
  • Gloria Torres Great photos of the whole family Thao! It's so nice! I love it! Thanks for sharing.(04.20.2010 01:03pm)
  • DENISE NGUYEN Great natural pictures of the whole family!(04.20.2010 01:49pm)
  • PhungPho Terrific Pics and so emotionnal, not kidding I am crying big time hihi! Kids especially Bi make me remember the first time I met you (Be) back in 1976. Be, you look great, Dung is getting a little bit older now tell me 4 of you are a perfect familly, almost 20 years right, 20 years "supportation" hahaha? Finally, your Pics make me remember Son.....(04.20.2010 04:32pm)
  • Sylvie Very nice pics, Be! What a lovely family and the kids are so adorable. my favorite one is the black & white one of you and the kids (the 4th one down). Very very nice! thanks for sharing. love,(04.20.2010 06:42pm)
  • Thao Nguyen Great pics! Love them.(04.20.2010 07:35pm)

Yes, it’s true. Spring time is upon us! Here at this dreamy spot, the bees were buzzing, squirrels were running, the air was warm and clear, the ocean waves were crashing softly against the rocks…and the flowers were in fuuull bloom. Just look at at this breathtaking scenery! It’s hard to believe that this is in Los Angeles, folks! Sooo, who is going to be my first family of Spring to shoot here????!  Any takers??? I just have an itty bitty feeling that I’ll be here a lot on the weekends :)

• Shannon We'll do it! :) Give Sam some balloons and bubbles and a field. Sounds beautiful to me. Im sure you'll have many more takers before we get to see you in August.(04.17.2010 07:28pm)
  • Carrie - Grandma Parks looks amazing and lovely. Would be a great setting for a family shoot.(04.22.2011 10:26am)

More chubs that will be sure to make you smile! The perfect, perfect way to start your morning! Lucky for his mama – she gets to wake up to see him every morning – Isn’t this little chubster just the cutest little thing? That sweet smile would make any mama’s heart melt :)

• Trish I just love your style. The work you do is so beautiful. The field in spring, the chubby baby. You have such a great eye - your photos are all amazing, beautiful, and unique.(04.17.2010 09:27pm)

I had the pleasure of photographing her big brother when he turned one a year ago…and last week I got to meet little sis! It’s always beautiful to watch families grow…witnessing the new connections made & strengthening the love that was already there. Another baby means more to love, and we can never have too much of that :)

• Jennifer Foster Aw, these are wonderful! what a cutie!(04.11.2010 12:02pm)
  • steve seo priceless.(04.11.2010 05:06pm)
  • Sunny Lee So adorable! She's sooooo cute. Can't wait to meet Joey.(04.11.2010 05:24pm)
  • Eric McKelvey Very nice pictures.(04.11.2010 05:54pm)
  • Melissa Harman Just absolutely precious, beautiful pictures. Mazel Tov on the growing family.(04.11.2010 05:58pm)
  • Angie Beautiful pictures! Your kids are so precious=)!(04.11.2010 07:17pm)
  • Miwon Seo She looks just like your baby pics! Expect she's way prettier!(04.11.2010 10:21pm)
  • Leo A very previous gift from God. The power and Miracle of Love. Those kids are so cute. Enjoy n take care of your lifetime happiness....(04.12.2010 12:40pm)
  • Charee Adorable...your kids are so darn cute!!!(04.12.2010 03:38pm)
  • Lena Wow, great pictures and beautiful family...congrats! Allison looks great! And Steve...not so bad yourself! :)(04.12.2010 07:21pm)
  • Berta YOU'VE BEEN BLESSED.SHE A CUTIE NICE LOOKING FAMILY.(04.12.2010 09:26pm)
  • Kim Severy Beautiful pictures of a gorgeous family! Thanks for sharing these. You guys are awesome. Hope to see you all again soon!(04.13.2010 11:09am)
  • anne kim awww, so precious! congratulations, can't wait to meet her(04.13.2010 11:16am)
  • Adolfo Williams Cute pics! Hope to see you guys soon!(04.14.2010 10:04pm)
  • sam ahn sooooo cute...i love the first picture with the hat on.(04.15.2010 09:22pm)
  • Rebecca Mobley Amazing Photos! What a wonderful family and beautiful pictures!:)(04.18.2010 05:42pm)
  • cheri leeann Awwww!(04.20.2010 06:45am)
  • allison Julie thanks again for the beautiful pictures. I love them all! Priceless!(04.23.2010 12:56am)
  • dae Beautiful photographs of a beautiful family.(04.24.2010 09:14pm)
  • jOrDaN very lovely photos. you are blessed with such a beautiful family. =)(05.01.2010 07:02pm)
  • mindy sakioka julie, i love perusing your site! i enjoyed these pix too - and am intrigued and enamored with the one with big brother looking down at little sister on the bed. captures a timeless feeling of brotherly protection. just wonderful!(06.22.2010 09:10pm)
  • Janeshia So cute! I cannot believe she is already turning 1! Time really flies. Congratulations on a healthy baby girl. The pictures are beautiful!(03.11.2011 01:28pm)

Two weeks young and this baby boy is already interested, aware, and absolutely fascinated by the world around him! He had his moments of cuddly sleepiness during our photo session, but he definitely preferred to be awake :) The first image below is my favorite shot of the day…the adorable wrinkle on his nose as he yawns is the cutest little thing :)

Most of the time, babies at 4 weeks are awake, alert and ready to party for the entire photo session. But this one was a sleepy little angel :) It’s always, always a welcomed surprise when babies sleep for me – there’s just something I just love about sleeping babies…so innocent, delicate, beautiful…

• Sheila Precious photos. Simply beautiful!(04.07.2010 10:44am)
  • Michelle Yee So true about sleeping babies, and these photos capture that description so beautifully and with such tenderness.(04.07.2010 03:44pm)
  • Mia Beautiful pics of a beautiful boy!!(04.07.2010 04:18pm)
  • cherile heaven sent...so precious...his gentle smile warms our heart...(04.07.2010 09:36pm)
  • Rose great job Julie, the pictures are amazing.(04.08.2010 02:21pm)