With baby photography, this has to be the motto at all times…and for this session, it couldn’t be more true. Our handsome little model was definitely certain that he preferred to be in mommy & daddy’s arms rather than sitting on grass. Poor little guy…he was feeling a little under the weather, but looking at the images below, I’m pretty sure that no one would be able to tell. Nevertheless, he was a fantastic model – juuust adorable, with oodles of yummy baby chub, and totally interested in the camera – which I always love!  I also have to give major kudos to daddy – he did an amazing job keeping his little boy entertained, engaged and happy – even rolling around on the grass to make him giggle :)

Has a year really passed? Truly, it doesn’t seem like it’s been that long since I first met this lovely pregnant mommy-to-be and her super sweet hubby….who were just about to welcome their sweet baby boy into the world. I say this frequently, but really – time does fly by super fast. One minute, we have a tiny newborn in our arms (totally sleep deprived and tired – but full of a new, indescribable love)….and the next minute we’re planning a first birthday party (feeling excited, but sad that our baby is growing up so fast). All I can say is that I am very, very fortunate…and extremely humbled to be able to share in the journey of so many families – especially this family. When I last photographed Sammy at 6 months, I was already soo looking forward to seeing him again when he turned one! He must be one of the happiest, most smiley baby I have ever photographed! Super sweet, jolly, and just adorable. But of course, this is to be expected, as his parents are awesome, too!  Seeing this family go from a couple…to parents has been amazing – seeing things come full circle has been so wonderful :)
Now, on to the images – celebrating Sam’s first birthday!

• Shannon Julie! I love them, like I love everything you have done for us. You are so much fun to work with and Sam loves you too. :) Thank, thank you for capturing this wonderful journey for us. <3(08.26.2010 07:07am)
  • Kerissa Wow these pics are beautiful of your family! Sammy is so adorable as usual!(08.26.2010 07:29am)
  • Lea sooo precious! Love all the shots and really love the ones of you along with Sam and Daddy alone with Sam!(08.26.2010 12:13pm)
  • Gamy Val Sweet little baby boy.......so handsome! Love You, Gamy Val(08.26.2010 03:20pm)
  • Nicole Cute! Look at those big blue eyes! Love the pic where Sam is holding mommy and daddy's hand and hd just smiling away :)(08.26.2010 09:57pm)
  • Ben (Daddy) These are fantastic pictures. I'm such a proud Daddy of my beautiful family.(08.27.2010 07:19am)
  • Cousin Ken You all look good and happy in the natural setting. Get Sam a Sierra Club membership to keep up his interest in nature and preserve some of it for him.(08.27.2010 09:39am)
  • Nicole Ben, you are a lucky guy. Almost as lucky as Mike..(08.27.2010 09:56am)
  • Cousin Jan Thanks for sharing Sammy's photo op of his 1st birthday. Great pictures. He is a real cutie!(08.27.2010 10:04am)
  • Gramma Bonnie Just the most adorable, yummy little boy ever! Just want to jump in the car and drive over there and kiss him all over!(08.27.2010 06:21pm)
  • Cheryl What a handsome little guy & family! Beautiful pics. Seems Sam always has perma-grin!(08.27.2010 09:21pm)
  • Debbie Hale I too have enjoyed watching this darling little boy grow. By reading the wonderful stories and looking at these adorable pictures, I feel like I have been apart of him for the year. Sam is sooo cute and the photographer is great to be able to capture such wonderful and natural pictures. Thanks for sharing.(08.27.2010 09:22pm)
  • Gramma Bonnie Oh...and Mommy and Daddy look great too! Hugs and kisses for you too!(08.28.2010 06:28am)
  • Grandpa Gary Beautiful family, great how you caught Sam always looking at his surroundings. He's always looking and smiling. and now walking too. Thanks.(08.28.2010 08:32am)
  • Auntie Kristen Watching Sam grow up has been amazing and looking back at all of the pictures that Julie has taken really reminds me of how special this little man is and what an impact he has made in my life. I love him so very much! Great Job!(08.28.2010 10:25pm)
  • Sandy Bakken Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures! You guys have blessed us with a fantastic "full circle" look of your last year. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Sam grow into the handsome little man he is today! Your photographer has done an awesome job of capturing such joy in Sam's adorable little face and through that we can see how happy and loved he is....(08.30.2010 07:51am)
  • Great Aunt BB These photos are priceless, as are the parents and little one in them. Smiles abound because of love.(09.01.2010 09:46am)
  • Regina What a beautiful baby! The photos are fabulous, what a treasure(09.01.2010 11:03am)
  • Old friends Paul & Kyle Wow! Look at those blue eyes! Congratulations Ben and Shannon. May the Lord bless you enormously as you three grow together. Paul & Kyle Kroening - old friends of Ben's mom & dad.(09.06.2010 12:40am)

…is the only word that can really describe how I was feeling throughout our session! It was an absolute blast hanging out, playing on the beach, cracking jokes with the kids (their kids are so awesome, by the way – totally cute and sooo funny). True, we did have a sandy mess at the end of the session (and little man taking a full body dip into the ocean – fully clothed), but even he was a great sport about it – not even a peep/cry! And mom and dad were so relaxed…laughed, joked, and had a blast playing with their beautiful kiddos – which always, always shows through in the images….as you can see:

I think it’s safe to say that, one – they are a gorgeous family…and two – they looove being together :)

• Sarah We had so much fun! Julie is so great with kids... P & Cash were laughing the whole time!(08.23.2010 04:16pm)
  • Denise LeBeau Bois Sarah - Great photos of your family!! Definitely looks like you had a great time.(08.23.2010 04:33pm)
  • Paula Seymour you guys look great! Fabulous pix!(08.23.2010 05:31pm)
  • Randy Holland My goodness! Is this an L.L. Bean advertisement! What great Pics of the family. Looks like lots o fun(08.23.2010 06:08pm)

My son has asthma – just like I did when I was a child. So when he feels under the weather…has a cough or a little stuffy nose, we use his nebulizer. It wasn’t always easy though. The first time we tried to place the mask on his face, he had the BIGGEST fit of all time – then he heard the nebulizer motor – and it all went downhill from there. He yelled, kicked, screamed and cried. It was horrible because one, he really needed the treatment to help with his wheezing, and two, his crying just made his asthma even worse. Long story short, he did not allow us to give him his treatments that time around. Finally, finally though – he’s come around. I think he realized that it actually is helpful (after he took in his first breath of the meds one night when he was too tired to put up a fight)…and as such, he is certain that it will help his beloved puppy, too. After all, he’s such a caring and loving boy – it makes perfect sense that he wants to help puppy get “all better”, too. After his afternoon treatment, I walk into his room and see this:

A few things got to me: One, I just love how he used a little cup from his kitchen as the electrical socket for the nebulizer! Two, I’m so ecstatic that he trusts the nebulizer process enough to allow puppy to partake in it. Three, he was singing lullabies to puppy as he “administered the meds” – just like I do for him. How cute? How creative?! Love it :)

• lucy aww too cute! i thought it was a real puppy when i couldn't see the pics at first in my email but it's a stuffed animal, haha. hope the asthma's not too bad =/(08.21.2010 09:56pm)

Her pretty face graces the pages of the BSP blog again – and inspires lots of ooohs and ahhhs, again. This time, she’s two years old and full of personality. But of course…she still has those beautiful, soulful brown eyes & long lashes – just as she did when I photographed her at 6 months! You may recognize her, as she also stuns viewers around the globe with her beauty on my homepage slideshow. Yes, it’s her – just a sweet as she was over a year ago. I’m always amazed at how much changes in a year….wow! She’s got her little lady outfits on now, so fashionable and charming (just like her beautiful momma). So, so pretty. Oh my gosh – and I always get a kick out of photographing toddlers. They are so hilarious! They quite literally do the exact opposite of what is asked – and it always cracks me up during sessions. Parents are often troubled when their rambunctious toddlers insist on doing their own thing – but I really enjoy it….plus, it gives me the opportunity to catch them doing things they really enjoy! Toddler sessions are always fast and fun. All I need is an hour and we’re good!

• Laura Gonzalez What a beautiful and happy baby girl! Awesome pictures!(08.19.2010 11:04am)
  • Lissette She Looks Super Delicious! Beautiful pictures!(08.19.2010 11:05am)
  • Grace Gomez Both Mom and Daughter look beautiful. Love all the pictures.(08.19.2010 11:33am)
  • Mariam Julie, thank you so much for these beautiful pictures of the best gift in our lives. Every time i see your work i really admire you more and more, your talent, your patience, your kindness, and the moments you are able to capture in every picture makes me feel happy and see that my daughter is a beautiful girl .. thanks again we love you and hope to work with you again very soon :)(08.19.2010 12:06pm)
  • Lily congratulations!!! you have a beautiful gift!!! she is really cute!!! =)(08.19.2010 12:18pm)
  • alma perez se ve miy bonita y las dos fotos en las que estas co ella estan muy padres tambien,explotala wey jajaja tu me entiendes!!!!!!! no tecreas estan muy padres todas(08.19.2010 05:02pm)
  • lupita She is the best goddaughter that I have...I love the pictures! Great job Julie!!!(08.19.2010 05:48pm)
  • lupita Klaro k se ven hermosas las dos.... Y tenia k ser toda una modelo komo la mama...(08.19.2010 05:52pm)
  • cindy She is so cute!! Like mom like daughter!!(08.19.2010 06:52pm)
  • sandra navas I love It... She is a lil cutie pie. ya la quiero ver modelar en baby gap <3(08.20.2010 06:14pm)
  • sophie love the pictures!!!! every single one is a special moments.. Congratx(08.22.2010 07:41am)
  • anna I love the one with the hat in black and white ... looks like an old very unique picture of a beautiful girl.. and the mom looks amazing!!!!!!(08.22.2010 07:47am)
  • OFFICE She is so precious!!!!! congratulations to the parents(08.24.2010 10:33am)
  • Cristina Beautiful Girl, she looks so pretty in all these pictures very cute Valeria:):)(08.25.2010 09:16pm)
  • charlene Mariam your baby girl is soo precious!!! I havent seen her in a long time but im sure she is the most beautiful girl ever !!!(08.27.2010 10:33am)

When you have your first baby, everything is new & exciting. You look at your newborn with such amazement and awe. So I can only imagine how much stronger these feelings are when you have a second child. Watching your first baby grow up to be an energetic toddler, then having a new baby must completely put into perspective how FAST they grow. What a blessing it must feel like to have a sweet little newborn in your arms again…savoring each moment because you know that in the blink of an eye, they’ll reach toddlerhood just the same. I think the experience only gets better with time…the deep appreciation…and ever growing love. What must be even more amazing is watching your first baby interact with your newest baby. THAT must be an indescribable feeling — that I personally hope one day to experience for myself – but for now, one toddler is filling my heart with love :)

This family was just a joy. Hilarious daddy, ever patient mommy, supportive & loving grandma, and sweet-affectionate big brother…The love here is so, so clear.

• Deborah Whitby The photographs are truly beautiful!! It is very difficult to pick a favourite, as they are all fantastic and very sensitive images! Wonderful photographer!!(08.17.2010 10:09am)
  • margaret crouch I have never seen such beautiful pictures. Truly amazing photography.(08.17.2010 10:20am)
  • Sonia Gedge It's breathtaking how beautiful and fragile a newborn is, and these pictures capture that perfectly. You're an amazing family and it makes me so happy to know you!(08.17.2010 11:11am)
  • The Knox family Absolutely beautiful pictures!!! Many congrats you guys! We miss you!(08.17.2010 11:24am)
  • patricia Oh my God! So cute. You all look great! Jessica you look fantastic. Congratulations to all! What a proud big brother! Deb, could you please send me your phone number and address. Thanks and take care. Patricia(08.17.2010 11:49am)
  • Tania Rihar Truly Beautiful!!! I love all of the shots. Scott, Jessica, your children are absolute cutey petuties!!(08.17.2010 01:11pm)
  • Nana and Papa Absolutely beautiful pictures. We are so very proud of the beautiful grand children that we have and of Mom and Dad. We can hardly wait to see Rachel, Carson and Mom and Dad at the beginning of September in LA.(08.17.2010 04:49pm)
  • Carol and Ed These are the most beautiful photos we've seen of a family. Breathtaking. You all look so wonderful. Congratulations Scott, Jessica and Carson on the arrival of beautiful little Rachel.(08.17.2010 05:39pm)
  • Christine and Mike Wow!! These are wonderful photos, with beautiful people and the prettiest baby I've ever seen. Debbie you look great. Best wishes for health and happiness always. Congratulations to all of you.(08.17.2010 08:38pm)
  • Uta Sojat Congratulations Jessie, Scott, and Carson! Rachel is absolutely beautiful. Her blue eyes shine like little stars. But of course she is the star herself! Carson makes a wonderful big brother!(08.17.2010 08:41pm)
  • Ann & Gord Such great picture's. Rachel is just beautifull, and Carson!! such a big brother. We love the one with your mother, Jessica!!(08.18.2010 07:54am)
  • Ken & Irene Dear Scott and Jessica: What a beautiful and perfect family you now have. God Bless Love from both of us.(08.18.2010 10:31am)
  • Crystal Vogel These pictures are amazing...you must nail exposure everytime because the detail is just incredible. Cant wait for our session in Oct!!!(08.18.2010 10:37am)
  • Jennifer No words can truly describe how absolutely beautiful these pictures show every ounce of love in the family. The photos certainly capture a moment in time that will be keepsakes for a lifetime. Congratulations!(08.18.2010 07:02pm)
  • Barb and Bill Nice pictures. Big brother having fun. Mother and grandmother look quite rested.(08.18.2010 08:56pm)
  • Jon Whitby Our little Rachel is finally here, I prayed for a little girl, cause I know all the delight in growing up with a little girl as a daughter, our daughter Jessica. It is truly a miracle and the photos are a testament to the great work of the people involved.(08.19.2010 04:14am)
  • Amy, Nick and Josh Our million dollar family captured on film. Amazing pictures guys...I guess that's a combination of great models and a great photographer. You can feel the love through the screen...we're so happy for you...I had my heart set on a baby sister for Carson too! These pictures are bitter sweet...makes us miss you all so much more. Can't wait to meet Rachel and see you guys again. xoxo(08.19.2010 06:33pm)
  • Heather Stibbard Beautiful pictures, beautiful family, beautiful addition! Sending you all lots of love! Can't wait to meet Rachel and see you again soon. Loving you & Congrats!(08.19.2010 06:54pm)
  • Ricki-Lee Breathtaking photos. Your photographer did an amazing job to catch every natural moment! you guys all look beautiful. Carson photographs so well! his smile and laughs are so real, makes you feel like your right there in the moment. Great job. Congrats again! xo(08.20.2010 07:32am)
  • Dan Truly amazing pictures - thanks so much for sharing. You truly have a real princess there! Especially enjoyed the photo's of Rachel and Carson together. Those taken of Jessica, Rachel and her mother will be something to treasure for years to come. Can't wait until I can meet Rachel and see you all.(08.20.2010 12:10pm)
  • Judy and Ernie What fantastic pictures and what a beautiful baby! Carson looks so proud of his little sister! We all look forward to seeing you all again soon!(08.21.2010 12:35pm)
  • Ana Slack Scott and Jessica, congratulations on your baby girl, she is beautiful, a blessing. Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing.(08.22.2010 07:26am)

…is the best word to describe everything about this morning photo session. The light: so soft, with puffy clouds & a misty marine layer. The girlie: smart, playful & sweet. The mommy & daddy: calm, gentle & loving. The combination couldn’t have been more perfect. The session was easy going, natural….and totally relaxing. When I got home, I even had a pocket full of shells that I quickly shared with my own little boy :) During the session, Anabel picked up each sea shell she saw, and kindly gave them to me – so, so sweet.

I’m very much looking forward to meeting their new arrival very, very soon! And just because I want to show how much she’s grown – just look at her one year ago here and here.

• Ashley Wow! These look great!!!! I love the light in the photos--she really looks angelic, doesn't she?! I agree that everyone looks totally relaxed--not one of those "forced, let's get happy" sessions (we've all been there). I love the photo with her little sandy feet on the trike too! She's beautiful! Bravo Blueberry Sky!(08.16.2010 10:50am)
  • Angela Great photos, I love the first one(08.16.2010 11:33am)
  • Gana These are beautiful photos, I also love that they look very natural. So hard to say as they are all really good but I think my favorite is the photo of the three of you walking, I love that Anabel looks likes she is skipping or jumping. So cute!(08.16.2010 02:49pm)
  • Ian Great photos. Love them all.(08.17.2010 08:26am)
  • Ryan So beautiful! I love the toes at the end.(08.17.2010 10:00pm)
  • Rhett Now THAT is an adorable family! The photographer really captured your essence.(08.17.2010 10:12pm)
  • Noelle I haven't seen Anabel in a while and her mom showed me these pictures. I ADORE HER!! She's so cute and your pictures are amazing. Very nicely done. I love the pic of Anabel with her hand on her mom's belly. I just want to squeeze her!(08.18.2010 12:45pm)

…toddlers are notorious for being wild little things. And chill pills? No way, don’t even attempt to ask a 2.5 year old to stop moving for more than half of a second…it just ain’t gonna happen. Still cute though, no? Wild and energetic, indeed — but a riot to watch in action (my fav images are the last two – dancin’ machine).

…this was what was going through my mind (and I’m sure mommy & daddy’s, too) during our photo session! For one, little Kaiden (who will be celebrating his first birthday in a week), was SUPER fast. I mean, FAST. As I tried to photograph him playing on the bed, he literally kept running across it — trying to jump off! All I was thinking was — oh my gosh, hurry and catch him! It was super cute…but also making me nervous :) Then, it was all hurries getting to our outdoor location before sunset. We arrived with little over 15 minutes of sun left! Suffice it to say, we were hurrying right along the entire time. A little adrenaline + a beautiful family = my fave

• Krishni Somaratne Julie..I love the sneak peaks! :) They're so cute...can't wait to see the rest of the pics!(08.11.2010 09:56am)
  • Philipa F Such a cutie, great pictures!(08.11.2010 10:18am)
  • NeeIi Myneni You guys make a beautiful family! I can't wait to see precious Kaiden.(08.11.2010 10:20am)
  • Irene Perera Lovely photos of a lovely boy. Wish him all the best.(08.11.2010 11:20am)
  • Abha S What lovely pictures! He's growing up so fast..(08.11.2010 01:40pm)
  • Roxy You guys truly are the most beautiful family! Breathtaking pics!! I want these for my little one... gotta have one first! And leave it up to you guys to be rushing... hehe!:)(08.11.2010 02:33pm)
  • Annie These are gorgeous photos! Kaiden is such a cutie pie and I can't wait to celebrate his first birthday with him!(08.11.2010 04:44pm)
  • Ammi & Appachi Julie, I love the photos. They are extremely beautiful. We need lot of picture frames very soon. Both of us are so proud of our little Grandson, Kaiden, Krishni and Jeevaka.(08.11.2010 06:04pm)
  • Ammi & Appachi Julie, we love the photos. They are so beautiful and our grandson looks so cute and adorable.(08.11.2010 06:10pm)
  • Duwi What lovely pics of my nephew & the rest of the family.(08.11.2010 07:29pm)
  • Rasika Kaiden looks sooo cute and adorable and the three of you make such a beautiful family!!!!!(08.11.2010 07:39pm)
  • Hiroshani Happy Birthday Kaiden!! Krishni, Jeevaka you must be so proud of your adorable little son! Thanks for sharing these fantastic pictures with memories to last a lifetime! Love Hiro xxx(08.11.2010 08:31pm)
  • Karla Ahhhh very nice pictures! Kaiden is such a cutie!(08.12.2010 08:01am)
  • Elise These pics came out beautiful! Makes me wish I had done professional photos of Jamie. You have a beautiful family - Kaiden is one lucky boy!(08.12.2010 10:25am)
  • Jeevaka Somaratne Julie thanks for the blog post...these came out real nice. great photographer!(08.12.2010 06:47pm)
  • Anoj Warna Kaiden looks so cute! Amazing pictures! Happy Birthday Kaiden. Anoj(08.12.2010 07:30pm)
  • Ria Perera Kaiden is growing up to be such an animated character! very cute pictures! looks great and hope to see u guys soon <3 take care(08.14.2010 01:52pm)
  • Oleene Aww little K looks adorable! Love the pictures :] (08.15.2010 12:12am)
  • Ria Perera BEAUTIFUL PICS WAITING TO SEE KAIDEN NEXT WEEK END LOVE NANDI(08.15.2010 01:01pm)
  • Harshini Deegala Great website...I love the pics!! Happy Birthday Kaiden! :)(09.07.2010 03:21pm)

There are many reasons why I looved this session. First, the light that morning was just devine – if you’re debating about waking up earlier than usual for an a.m. session – here’s proof that it’s well worth it. Morning light is just fantastic…and when captured using a 50mm f1.2/L — you get super creamy bokeh and color like you wouldn’t believe! So I shot wide open with this lens for most of the session :)  The second reason I love this photo session was because mommy and daddy were super sweet and loved up on their baby girl without hesitation in front of the camera.  And, the biggest reason why I so loved this session…well, that’s self explanatory – see for yourself:

Is this last image not to die for? I kept saying to myself “Oh my gosh, she is so cute” during the session.
And her eyes – wow. Amazing.

• Kati Schamber Oh Wow! We love the pictures! We absolutely CANNOT wait to see the rest of the pictures! Thank you SO MUCH Julie. You are the best photographer.(08.04.2010 04:39pm)
  • Tanner Schamber Thank you so much. We love the pictures.(08.04.2010 08:27pm)
  • Chelsy OMG! So beautiful! I love all of them.(08.05.2010 09:14am)
  • Joey WOW, Abby looks sooo pretty in these pictures.... just like her Mom =)(08.05.2010 09:16am)
  • Elisabeth Sooo cute, her eyes r so pretty!!!!(08.05.2010 10:03am)
  • Regan My grand daughter looks so cute. She is so beautiful.(08.05.2010 10:39am)
  • Eric These look amazing!!!(08.05.2010 11:05am)
  • Charlotte Wow is the perfect word for these pictures! Such a beautiful Baby Girl!! Thanks for sharing with us! Amazing photography!(08.05.2010 11:13am)
  • Sarah Schmalz Oh my gosh!! What a little model! She is so precious. I love that little girl. These photos are AMAZING!!! I am going to forward this link to all my friends!(08.05.2010 11:40am)
  • Kati The pink ones are my favorite! Even though they are all perfect!(08.05.2010 12:06pm)
  • Joey Martini Doesn't get any cuter than this! Great photos and amazing color! ... Who's that stud in the white shirt?!(08.05.2010 03:01pm)
  • Kailin DeMartino Absolutely gorgeous! The lighting and Abby's blue eyes...these are pictures you'd see in magazines..just precious!(08.05.2010 04:59pm)
  • Susie DeMartino Whose grand daughter is that? Could she be any more precious? These pictures just blow my mind!!!(08.05.2010 05:05pm)
  • Dennis DeMartino Wow! What a looker! Keep up the good work Kati and Tanner.(08.05.2010 05:07pm)
  • Cassie These pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I'm in love with all of them!!(08.05.2010 09:55pm)
  • Trevor My niece is soooo cute.(08.05.2010 10:09pm)
  • Cathi Singh That little girl has a bright future ahead! These pictures are incredible! And I love all of the outfits, especially the pink frilly jumper :) Beautiful family!(08.06.2010 11:28am)
  • Puneet Singh She is ridiculously cute! These photos are fantastic :)(08.06.2010 12:30pm)
  • Tammie What a beautiful baby girl!!! These pictures are absolutely amazing!!!(08.06.2010 12:58pm)
  • Denni Pascuzzi Love, Love, Love, these pictures Look at her beautiful eyes!! To cute!(08.06.2010 02:18pm)
  • Debbie Burch These pictures are so darling, Abby is just a living doll. Priceless photo's! =)(08.06.2010 03:37pm)
  • Taylor my little neice is the cutest baby ever!!!!! :)(08.06.2010 09:57pm)
  • Carole Oh my gosh. I didn't even realize it was Abby at first. I thought it was a magazine spread. She is absolutely beautiful. Tanner and Katie made themselves a gorgeous baby girl!!!!(08.07.2010 01:16pm)
  • Teri Sinclair An adorable Abby is inevitable with those wonderful parents. Beautiful pictures.(08.07.2010 04:09pm)
  • BFrantz Well done - you two created thee most precious little girl. Who knew you'd find a great photographer while in Indy! You guys both look great.(08.08.2010 10:37am)