…to have an even faster birth. Her last baby came fast, but this one came even faster! It really amazes me how much quicker labor & delivery tends to be when you’ve already had your first baby. All of the births I have photographed where mom is having her 2nd or 3rd baby have gone extremely fast. Although one would think that a fast labor & delivery is “better”, I think otherwise, as far as pain goes. True, it is less pain to have to endure as far as timing is concerned, BUT, because it is so fast, the pain is that much more intense (in my opinion). You figure that your body is working double time to move your baby down and the pain….unreal. Even with my 2nd baby, the labor & delivery were VERY fast. Like, eons faster than with my first…but man, the pain was much, much, much worse. Maybe because it was not gradual pain. It just hit like a ton of bricks at once and contractions came back to back to back. Right on top of each other. Eeek. My baby was a little over 6 pounds. So get this – this mommy’s baby was 9 pounds 8 ounces! Wow! Her 3rd baby. Extremely fast and intense labor & delivery. No meds, no intervention. All natural. I know, major, major, MAJOR big ups to her. What an amazing woman! Really! She is so strong…and brave. And, she is the sweetest, loveliest person you will ever meet. Lucky? Yes, I am really lucky to be doing what I do. On top of the incredible labor & delivery – her sweet baby had to go to the NICU when he was born. My heart sank for her because she just wanted to snuggle him and take in all of the amazingness of her newborn…but instead they wheeled him off to the NICU :(  So, when she told me he was finally home, I was beyond happy…such a relief knowing that he was better & getting to spend time with his mommy. Here is the story of her baby’s birth in photos :) I am humbled. I am thankful that they allowed me to document their unforgettable journey.

• Jessica Oh my goodness!! I love birth photography....so much emotion pours out of these portraits! Gorg! :)(07.02.2012 06:55pm)
  • Dilip These are gorgeous. I love the cloors of the clothing and the hair and the field. I wish you would have shown the b&w pictures of the mama and baby big instead of small, because they are soooo beautiful! Awesome awesome beautiful!(11.28.2014 07:51pm)

…at 14 months, she was just as fun to photograph as she was at 8 months! Talk about perfection! She is cute, sweet, bubbly, happy and so easy to photograph. As long as she had flowers and leaves to play with, she was as happy and easy going as can be :) And wow, her beautiful blue eyes. Oh my! And I must say, her smile has got to be one of my favorites to date. I love the different variations…mostly I loved the big open mouth smile with tongue and teeth showing, and her little shy closed lip smile :) She is so lovely!

• Kim Chaney She's such a big girl now! Such gorgeous pictures to cherish and look back on as she grows. Lovely...(05.25.2012 02:06pm)
  • Brian Auchard She is very cute. I especially like the black & white photos.(05.25.2012 02:25pm)
  • Robin Dahlstrom Johnson What a beautiful family album. I sure wish online albums existed when I had kids...um 20 years ago!! You were such a joy to work with. Siena is a beautiful and bubbly baby girl. I hope she likes her new home!! ~~Robin(05.25.2012 04:34pm)
  • Susan Patten What beautiful pictures of your beautiful family! Love them all. Siena's not a baby anymore. She's a big girl!(05.26.2012 02:35pm)
  • Judy Bradford What an adorable sweet calm loving child with equally photogenic parents. Beautiful to view(05.26.2012 05:19pm)
  • Reina Smyth I love the one of you all saying "yay"!(05.27.2012 11:32pm)
  • Vallorie Borchardt How did you get her to keep on her shoes? Iremember her picking the leaves on the rosemary plants. She must get her love of gardens and plants from her grandpa Tom!(05.28.2012 07:57pm)
  • Jocelyn Biehle-Speiser My, what blue eyes she has!!!! I liked the black and whites, too. I also liked the colorful place in the background. Great for picture taking. Some definite winners!(06.02.2012 02:52pm)
  • Alisha Seaton These are stunning!! Can't wait to see her in person again.(06.07.2012 05:02pm)
  • Amber Patten Precious!!! These are so cute! Her auntie and uncle miss her so much! xo(06.12.2012 12:35pm)

…than an adorable baby girl in a field of flowers with her beautiful mommy! There must be something about this particular field because  so far, babies I photographed here do not want to be put down by mommy and daddy! Yes, she wanted to be held for most of the session, but that is ok and I really love how things turned out. Some amazingly sweet and tender moments between her and mommy & daddy :) The light, the field, the dress, the sweet little girl…sigh, it was so lovely :)

• Catherine D. WOW! What exquisite pictures!! We couldn't be more pleased. Thank you so much Julie, for capturing our family so beautifully, especially our lovely Sophia at 1 1/2 yrs old and sweet Bruno! This is exactly the vision I had in mind with the wild flowers, during spring time. We will treasure these tender moments forever. You are an amazing talent!(05.16.2012 10:33am)
  • Anna Sophia is growing! She looks different everytime I see her; Bruno looks the same :D Beautiful pictures can't wait to see pictures with the new addition. By the way, pink is your color!!! Go jewel tones.(05.16.2012 10:54am)
  • Palmer's These pictures are amazing. Sophia is gorgeous. Both the vision and photography are exceptional. What a beautiful family.(05.16.2012 11:45am)
  • Shenell What a great looking family. Sophia is a big pretty girl, and I tell you " Bruno" completes the family.(05.16.2012 01:08pm)
  • Estelle These photos are absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations on your soon to be new addition!!(05.16.2012 01:09pm)
  • Debra How great that we get to experience each new chapter with you through pictures. The engagement, the wedding, the baby and soon to be babies!! These are awesome. Thanks for sharing each amazing chapter. It does get better and better with age! You all look beautiful and the backdrop couldn't be more perfect.(05.16.2012 08:01pm)
  • Michelle D. Catherine these pictures are so beautiful! I love all the color and your family is gorgeous!!(05.17.2012 07:31am)
  • Aunjalic These are amazingly beautiful pictures! Very, very nicely done.(05.17.2012 08:10am)
  • MARTINE WoW ! These photos are amazing.. You did marvelous job Julie.. The backdrop is superb.. Thank You !!(05.19.2012 03:00pm)
  • Cecille Magnificent pictures! What a superb momento of Sophia's early years, Bruno, and the whole family.(05.20.2012 09:16am)
  • sophie Wow. This session is stunning on so many levels. What a stunning family, and so beautifully captured!!(05.20.2012 07:30pm)
  • Jeff Hollman Now that one good lookin' family! Wishing you all the best as you prepare for your second bundle of joy :) Cheers!(05.21.2012 08:15am)
  • Billette Beautiful! Everyone looks great and wonderful. Excellent scenery.(05.22.2012 11:04pm)
  • Cecilia Great family pictures. Sophia is so adorable!(05.23.2012 07:40pm)
  • Vanessa Oh my goodness....what wonderful news! We just couldn't be more happy for you to grow your family. Such lovely pictures....ah, makes me so happy to see you guys looking so happy...and how adorable is Sophia right now...goodness...she's a doll and lovely just like her momma! Big hugs to you all! Can't wait to catch up! Love you guys! Love 'Banessa"(05.27.2012 04:11pm)
  • Shannon What a beautiful family! Those pictures are very special and I'm sure you cherish them. Congrats on the new addition! xo(10.16.2012 12:53pm)

…my, how quickly 7 months has gone by. Were you really safe & cozy in my belly a mere 7 months ago? I can’t believe it. Look at how big you are! So much personality…and gasp – crawling! Mommy was late in posting these 7 month pictures of you, next week you will be 8 months! This makes me sad, very sad. With your brother, I was so happy with each milestone. I remember thinking to myself “I can’t wait until he sits up, I can’t wait until he crawls, I can’t wait until he walks, I can’t wait until he sleeps through the night”. But with you my angel, each milestone makes me sad. Sad because it means you are growing up, and getting one step closer to being a big girl :( Even the night wakings. I enjoy them. It means time we can cuddle. I can nurse you in a quiet room, hold you, be still with you. It’s lovely. You need me and I need you. Can I keep you this way forever? So sweet, soft, cuddly and small? Of course not, but what I can do is savor each fleeting moment. Take pictures (both physically and mentally) so that I can freeze frame these beautiful moments in my heart & mind before they fade and you’re off and running with your big brother. I love you my little angel.

• Jennifer (kaylin's mommy) OMG JULIE!!! she's adorable!!!! I just want to hug her!!!! goo job mommy!! ;)(05.12.2012 08:08am)
  • Gigi Dear my precious baby grand-daughter Emi, u are so cute + so precious!!! u r also a pretty + beautiful baby!!! luv your cheeks, arms, legs, toes, lil fingers, & your BIG BROWN EYES just like your daddy!(10.08.2012 02:37pm)

…that is the one word that pretty much sums it up. What an absolutely charming little guy! He clearly, clearly has an extremely adorable smile (and laugh) – but I think my favorite was his more pensive and serious look – which he gave a lot of while eating a yummy cupcake at the end of the session :) It’s not uncommon for parents to express concern if their little one(s) don’t smile as much as usual during shoots. But truthfully, I prefer it when the babies give a range of emotion from happy & smiley to serious & even clingy. In fact, some of my favorite images are those when babies want to be held by mom or dad – cuddles and snuggles :)  I definitely got a wide range from this little guy – smiles, giggles, thoughtful gazes & cuddles! An energetic and sweet baby boy with a big personality!

• Deb Zema Gorgeous Pictures....Beautiful Family! Love you guys, Deb(05.11.2012 09:39am)
  • Heidi I'm in love!!! Amazing photos!(05.11.2012 08:28pm)
  • Josh Abel Fabulous pictures! What a lovely family. Your photographer captured the essence of love and joy!(05.11.2012 08:42pm)
  • Joanna The pictures are so beautiful !!! They did an amazing job(05.12.2012 01:45pm)
  • Aly D Love these pictures. Sean is so precious ... and always so happy!(05.12.2012 02:04pm)
  • Cathy Esparza Love, love, love!!! What beautiful photos to cherish for a lifetime. You guys are a gorgeous family! I'm gonna have to start saving for Vince's 1 yr pics!(05.12.2012 02:25pm)
  • Anthony Parsons Great looking pictures!!Sean is a handsome young man!(05.12.2012 05:14pm)
  • Rachel Parsons These are such great pictures..They did a great job. Sean is getting big fast(05.12.2012 05:27pm)
  • Katherine Agbayani The photos are adorable! Sean is sooo cute!(05.12.2012 07:13pm)
  • Kaitlyn Hemingway Great pictures! Thank you for sharing!!! Sean is adorable.(05.12.2012 10:11pm)
  • Wynne Fantastic photos of the Merris family!!!(05.12.2012 10:50pm)
  • Tim Merris Great picures. The photo's are wonderful. I love how they turned out.(05.13.2012 10:30am)
  • Tim Pimentel Wow, this pictures are fantastic! The quality of the take is wonderful!!!(05.13.2012 01:58pm)
  • Dawn Merris Can't say enough about how great these pictures are. Your photographer did an amazing job. But she also had a fabulous family to work with. Love to you all.(05.13.2012 05:33pm)
  • Miranda Mossavar Amazing pictures! I just want to squeeeze Sean! You guys are so adorable!(05.13.2012 10:12pm)
  • Taline These pics are awesome! Sean is soooo adorable! LOVE!!!(05.14.2012 10:24am)
  • Joel That first black and white picture of you and your baby is so awesome. What a cutie!(05.14.2012 10:55am)
  • Michelle A OMG - you are all tooooooo adorable! Cake face is my all time favorite.(05.14.2012 11:01am)
  • Jesse Lopez Those are great pictures. Your little man is getting so big. Very nice.(05.14.2012 11:05am)
  • Alison Wow! These pictures are awesome! He is such a handsome boy! A VERY beautiful family:) I see modeling in his future.... ;)(05.14.2012 11:07am)
  • Lauren Takos He is such a handsome boy! Unbelievably adorable photos. You will always remember this day!(05.14.2012 12:06pm)

Amazing! Yes, these sweet girls are amazing. Amazingly adorable and lovely. It was clear to see that their personalities are pretty different – even at only 12 days old!  One was very spunky and certain of what she wanted and didn’t want…and the other easy going and relaxed! But they were both suuper duuper cute. Gorgeous complexions and perfect little lips :) And a huge congrats to mommy & daddy for having three babies in under a year; and major WOW to mom for carrying her twin girls to full term – how rare and amazing is that?! Couldn’t be more true that this family is amazing in every way!

…not one, not two, but three! Three very adorable boys, full of energy and personality! Can you imagine how handsome they will be years from now?! They will be heartbreakers for sure! But for now, they are just as cute as can be. Adorable and full of spunk! And when I say “spunk” – I mean it! They are on the go, on the move, ready to rock & roll at all times! I’m not sure I’d have enough energy for three boys :) Mom & dad are truly amazing. Watching them with their boys is unforgettable! An absolutely gorgeous family!

• Sue Miller What a Beautiful Family!!! I can't believe that Brad is all grown up! He is so handsome, and his wife is beautiful - it seems like it wasn't THAT long ago that Brad & Jennifer were little ones, too! The "BOYS" couldn't be any cuter - they look like little angels. God Bless Mom & Dad - they are going to need a lot of energy & patience for ever & ever with their darling sons!(05.29.2012 04:51pm)

…a playdate, not for the kids, but for me :) haha! I had a great time playing and hanging out with these two handsome guys. I must say, one of the perks of what I do is getting to act silly, letting my inner child come out to play and giggling to my heart’s content during sessions! I thoroughly enjoyed our playdate!