…sensing a theme here? Lots of beach photo sessions recently :)  I like beaches alot. The sound of the waves crashing on the shore and the clean, crisp ocean air are so refreshing. But I just don’t like the feeling of sand between my toes :) I don’t know why! Even when I’m at the park with my kids, I always wear sneakers because I really feel uncomfortable when I get sand in my flip flops! So, for beach sessions, I usually wear Uggs to cover my toes, haha! I know, weird, huh? It works for me. Although, recently, I’ve been having so many beach sessions that slowly, sand has invaded my Uggs. So now, sand is literally stuck in the fur lining :(  The good thing though, is that I’ve reached a turning point and have ditched them for sandals for beach session. I’m getting used to it, and it’s not so bad! I’m growing and changing :) Haha! I do love southbay beaches though. Not only are they super clean, but they offer lots of variety. I especially love Hermosa for this pretty cool mural! I had an awesome time with this sweet couple. Mommy-to-be is so pretty…and she has such beautiful eyes! Dad does, too! I’m definitely looking forward to meeting their baby in just a few weeks! Until then, here are a few sweet moments of the parents-to-be together, before they grow from two to three!

…and by colorful, I’m not just talking about their super cute outfits (thanks to mommy’s great taste)! I’m also talking about the girls’ colorful personalities! Especially little sister. She’s spunky, energetic, knows just what she wants and isn’t shy about expressing herself! She is also so pretty, just like her big sister and mommy :) It was definitely a hot and sunny morning at the beach. I was amazed at how warm it was so early in the morning. Fortunately, there was plenty of shade for us to seek refuge under….but of course, we did have to sneak in a few hazy sunflare shots in keeping with our last family session :)

• Sandra :) Thank you do much again for capturing amazing pictures. We love them!!! You are the best! Great memories for us to have and share with our family and friends!(07.27.2012 07:44am)
  • Betty Rodriguez Wow, great pictures, they definitely put a smile on my face. Sandra your family is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL, "YOU" are stunning! Julie did some awesome work, I love the locations and the rich colors, GREAT JOB!!!! Thanks for sharing. XOXOXO(07.27.2012 08:31am)
  • Liz Gomez Wow speechless your pictures are amazing! The colors in the pictures are so vivid. Sandra you are so stunning beautiful. Congratulations those little brats are so cute, I love you all! Julie is a must, I defenetly need to take some family portraits.(07.27.2012 09:36am)
  • Michelle Letonaa Simply beautiful pictures. Julie did an amazing job. You guys look so happy and great in the pictures! Your such a great mom and Fer a great dad, wishing you guys the best and thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures with us, Love u(07.27.2012 09:39am)
  • Dimpless I think ur family pic r very beautilful the pic make ur family like like if u guys r famous.... LOL.... :0)(07.27.2012 10:46am)
  • itzy gomez my baby isnt moody for once ! WHAT !?they look so adorable like always<3.(07.27.2012 11:15am)
  • Rosie ochoa Tottally love the pictures!!!!!!!! I'm calling her right now... (07.27.2012 11:19am)
  • PATRICIA MUNIZ ALL BEAUTIFUL COLOR NICE AND UR FAMILY VERY PRETTY NICE PICS(07.27.2012 01:30pm)
  • Vane Such beautiful and heart warming pictures; thank you for sharing!(07.27.2012 08:12pm)
  • Edyth Wow !! Beautiful pictures thank you for sharing them...;)(07.27.2012 08:35pm)
  • Melissa Sandra, Fer, Fernandina, and Gaby...you guys look great! Sandra, I LOVE your little family!(07.28.2012 12:59pm)
  • jennifer Love every single picture from this photo shoots.....now i want to do the same thing with my family cause every single capture of these pictures are beautiful! !!! <3 nice pics Sandy.... love your family pictures ....(07.28.2012 01:15pm)
  • Brenda Super Cute pics Sandra, You all look great!! Gaby, and Fernanda are so big now..Hope to see you all soon!! :)(07.29.2012 09:49pm)
  • Maricela wow Fernanda and Gavy look beautiful :) congrats on your beautiful family my love... the pictures are amazing!!!!!!(07.30.2012 12:39pm)
  • Erika Love the colors and you all look great... i really like the family pictures you have a beautiful family Sandrita <3..(07.30.2012 12:43pm)
  • Elena Your family look so amazing..... It's so beautiful seeing a family like your just having the time of their life... Staying so positive and having a strong relationship... God bless you... And god bless the photographer who capture this happiness....(07.30.2012 03:25pm)
  • Lauren Awww pictures are amazing and your family looks great!!! Julie you did great :)(07.30.2012 06:54pm)
  • Cris Gomez Beautiful pictures that truly showcase this beautiful family especially Gaby and Fernandita they look amazing! I love the clarity, vibrant colors, and the black & white! Julie did a great job.(07.31.2012 09:40am)
  • maria chavez I loved these pics....they are full of life...love the color. Y todos se ven hermosos.(07.31.2012 12:25pm)
  • Jessica zavala Absolutely beautiful!(:(07.31.2012 05:29pm)
  • Elery Love these beautiful pictures. I am bless to have such a perfect family.job well done.(07.31.2012 07:59pm)
  • sandra zavala nice pictures... love you all(08.02.2012 02:44pm)

…has got to be sandy baby toes! Especially with toes as chubby and delicious as these! And talk about baby rolls – she’s got some majorly scrumptious ones :) Look at those adorable thighs of hers! She is so, so, so cute! What an amazing little baby. She is one the of easiest babies I’ve ever photographed. Very content & happy. Relaxed….calm. Perfection! It was an awesome session. We even lucked out with the lovely morning marine layer over the beach. Beach sessions can be very tricky unless you’re shooting at sunrise or sunset….so clouds are usually welcomed with open arms. So if you’re thinking about a beach session, get ready, because I will likely ask you to meet me there at the crack of dawn….or at sunset – which, this time of year is pretty late in the day!

…and like mother, like daughter! How adorable is it that baby girl looks just like her mommy and that baby boy looks just like his daddy? I didn’t notice it really until I started proofing their photos. But can you see the resemblance?

• Denice Frost Priceless...speechless Congratulations!(07.21.2012 02:56pm)
  • Melinda Schermann Rodriguez LOVE every single photo and the emotions captured!!!! Love you all so much xoxoxo(07.21.2012 08:58pm)
  • Kimberly Sauer I am the happiest auntie ever!!! This family is too precious.(07.23.2012 11:32am)
  • paulette murphy and family How wonderful. You can see the finger prints of God on them. May they always receive his blessing. God loves them and so do we.(07.23.2012 02:02pm)
  • Paige Blair Being the mother of twins (my girl had Nancy for 3rd Grade) I am touched by these beautiful photos. And being a first time Grandmother, my heart is swelling, knowing Nancy would be absolutely in awe of these babies.(07.26.2012 11:21pm)

What a perfectly chubby little baby girl! She just….barely fit into my little wraps :) She was definitely a very alert baby for our newborn session – but also so very calm and content. I have to say that she is the most graceful looking newborn I’ve ever photographed *awake* in a wrap. She just seemed so comfortable and relaxed in there! She stayed perfectly still and looked right at the camera! Amazing :) It was a pleasure photographing her and her beautiful mommy! She must have known how adorable she was because her eyes were wide open and she was so, soo ready for me to photograph her with her big, beautiful blue eyes wide open. Although it was so much fun photographing her on her own, what I enjoyed most about our session was photographing her cuddled up with mommy. It was so very clear that they have such a special bond. I just loved that her favorite place to sleep was snuggled up on mommy’s chest :) The best place to be – so so cozy….She’s a miracle baby…and a beautiful one, too.

• Linda Bethea welcome to the newest baby girl bethea! what beautiful photos! she is absolutely precious and looks completely at home in your arms :) xoxo(07.19.2012 07:14am)
  • charles bethea love the last picture, perfectly beautiful granddaughter. She is content now but I have some indulgences for her to set the bar of expectations a little higher.(07.19.2012 07:14am)
  • Daniel Cotney She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!(07.19.2012 08:03am)
  • Luke McCaig I like you hair uncle bob!(07.19.2012 08:56am)
  • Hayden McCaig She is cute! She is as big as Will.(07.19.2012 08:59am)
  • Don Cotney Great photos of a beutiful young lady! I particularly like the ones where Katie and Bob are holding her. I'm anxious to do that as well!!!!(07.19.2012 09:53am)
  • Cheryl Cotney Every single picture is perfectly adorable! Very hard to choose a favorite. Love this photographer!(07.19.2012 10:34am)
  • Marilyn Bethea These pictures are fantastic!! Harper looks ready to rule the world......at least her other 5 Bethea girl cousins. Love you guys, m.(07.19.2012 05:46pm)
  • Judy Hutcheson Harper is absolutely adorable and has such gorgeous blue eyes !! Love all the pictures- especially the one of her asleep on your chest, Katie.(07.19.2012 07:42pm)
  • lisa namerow She is beautiful!(07.20.2012 07:38am)
  • Kay Haynes Wow! What a beautiful family. These photos are wonderful and really show the love you all have for each other. Great job by the photographer to capture that. Harper is absolutely perfect in every way and so beautiful. Wish I could hold her.(07.20.2012 07:46am)
  • Donna Kaye Merritt Congratulations, She's beautiful!!(07.26.2012 03:16pm)

Nine months is a super fun, super cute age! Personality is blooming and babies are just so expressive. Crawling, cruising, clapping, eating! So much going on! It also happens to be a very interesting age to photograph. One word: MOBILE! Trying to keep a baby sitting still instead of crawling away is always fun. When I photograph my baby girl, it goes something like this…

Take 1: Place her on the grass, run to my spot, focus, ahhhh – too late – she moved.
Take 2: Put her back on the grass, sitting. Give her a flower! Run to my spot, focus, ahhhh – too late yet again. She is now eating the flower.
Take 3: Remove flower from her mouth. Put her back on the grass, sitting. Give her Sophie the giraffe! Run to my spot, focus, quickly snatch Sophie away – squeak Sophie…and…success! I win :) I even get a smile because she adores Sophie’s squeaks!

• Michael Kormos All that running will keep you in shape while you get great pictures like these!(07.18.2012 02:06pm)
  • tippyh007@gmail.com gigi luv Emi u r even cuter, my heart is singing while being with both ofu!(07.03.2014 12:02pm)

Some things are the same and some are different. She is definitely adorable just like her big brother! Perfect little lips and such a beautiful complexion :) She is more feisty than her brother was for our newborn session, though. Jack was a very sleepy, easy baby to photograph. Check out how adorable he is here & here! I mean, he was totally smiling during our newborn session! It isn’t very often that I get a smile that big :) He is really such a sweet, gentle, loving little boy. You can really see it in his adorable smile. What a lovebug he is :) His little sister is a total firecracker! She knows just what she wants and isn’t shy about expressing herself. She’s got a strong voice :) I’m all for girl power! Isn’t she as pretty as can be? She did give us a few minutes of sleep, and you can see just how gorgeous & peaceful she is…There’s definitely a nice balance between her and her big brother :) It was such a joy meeting her & I look forward to seeing her again in a few months! I have a feeling she’s going to keep me on my toes & make me work hard for each shot! I’m ready for the cardio – I will wear my running shoes :) Oh, and I just have to comment on how gorgeous mommy is. Hello?! She just had a baby 10 days prior to our session. How can she be looking that beautiful? And my, how gracefully she juggles two babies who need her…and how calm she was even when her little baby girl wasn’t feeling as relaxed :) Mothers are super heros.

Wow! Have you ever seen such beautiful blue eyes?! The brightest, most gorgeous shade of blue on these cuties. Very hard to believe that it has been a year since I photographed these adorable twin boys! Happy 1st Birthday Grayson & Ashton :)

• Shannon Julie, These are amazing!! We LOVE them and they are so much fun! Thanks again for doing such an amazing job capturing the joy in these two very special boys.(07.08.2012 03:04pm)
  • nonna The pictures ar so precious. This really captured their great personalities. Loveit.(07.08.2012 04:30pm)
  • Becky These photos are great! I love that you can see so much of the boys personality in them. Heartbreakers in the making with those bright blue eyes, but we all already knew that ;-)(07.08.2012 04:32pm)
  • Jeremy I can't wait for them to learn the beautiful games of soccer and hockey with some persuasion :), it's amazing it's been a year already and it will only get better!(07.08.2012 06:42pm)
  • Greg Awesome photos! Love the one with Ashton getting big air! X-Games prep.(07.08.2012 07:26pm)
  • Julia Simply amazing!!! Their lil dudes now! :) Love their lil chucks! Ryan and Shannon are the best baby makers ever!!!(07.09.2012 07:28am)
  • MATT Wow! Gorgeous pictures of two very special boys and their loving parents. Truly captured their distinct yet connected personalities. Well done!(07.09.2012 08:46am)
  • Julie These photos and these boys are too gorgeous for words! Their eyes are incredible. What wonderful memories to look back on as they grow!(07.09.2012 02:13pm)
  • Megan What stunners! Something we already knew ... but so photogenic as well! It's been so fun to watch them blossom. Can't wait to see what the next year will hold for them =)(07.10.2012 09:14am)
  • Ryan Wow, these turned out great!! Thanks so much for a great shoot.(07.10.2012 09:51am)
  • Rachael OMG so stinkin' cute! These pics are amazing, great job!!(07.10.2012 12:18pm)
  • Kristen Love these! They turned out so well! I love their striped shirts...but I'm a sucker for dressing twins alike :)(07.10.2012 07:33pm)
  • Sanjana The pics are absolutely adorable...... Love it..... They are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :)(07.11.2012 04:42pm)
  • Kara Happy first birthday to your two beautiful boys!(07.12.2012 10:30am)
  • Missy They are just the cutest!!(07.15.2012 05:16pm)
  • Kristy Absolutely love the pictures!! These two boys have made me the happiest auntie! Happy 1st Birthday boys :)(07.15.2012 05:18pm)
  • Aunt Peggy Such beautiful boys!(07.15.2012 05:22pm)
  • tommy my nephews are the cutest nephews around!(07.15.2012 09:24pm)
  • Mawmaw Adams These are the most beautiful blue eyes ever.(07.15.2012 09:41pm)

There’s something about this location…magic seems to happen here. Just like this sunset session last summer, this location gave us major sunflare magic this time, too. The weather was warm and balmy. The sun was big, bright & beautiful. It was a clear, hot, sunny day. The perfect stage was set to capture this super cute family of four playing & laughing. Effortless, I must say. The interactions were pure & natural…and the love was clear to see. Lovely in every way!